Shure Beta 58A Dynamic Microphone
Be heard. When you’re up on stage, you want your vocals to shine. With the Shure Beta 58A, they’ll do exactly that. Gracing the stages of legendary musicians such as Paul McCartney, Chris Martin, Trent Reznor, and more, the Beta 58A is a modern classic with unparalleled reliability.
An essential microphone for any vocalist. This premium mic has been tuned and tailored to deliver crystal-clear sound with phenomenal control. Natural presence boosts at 4kHz and 9kHz cut through the mix like a hot-knife through butter. With such authority and definition, your vocals will blow your audience away night after night. And with Shure’s solid construction, even the rowdiest of stages won’t stop your show.
Beta 58A vs SM58 – What’s the difference?
Firstly, the polar pattern. The SM58 has a cardioid polar pattern, whilst the Beta 58A’s is supercardioid. This gives the Beta better side-rejection, and the SM better rear-rejection. However, supercardioid also gives more directionality, and is much-less susceptible to feedback when positioned correctly. The Beta 58A also features a Neodymium magnet, providing higher sensitivity and an output that is 4dB hotter than the SM58.
There’s also a difference in frequency response. The Beta boasts a slightly extended low and high-end, which provides extra detail and definition to the SM. And with a new advanced pneumatic shock-mount system, the Beta 58A also offers lower handling and mechanical noise.
“Excellent reliability, versatility, and great overall sound – and behold, it actually turns out to be the best supercardioid mic in the sub 200 category.” – Microphone Geeks
“One notable upgrade is the move from a cardioid to a super-cardioid capsule. This gives the Beta 58 A an increased frequency response with a more pronounced high end, which helps vocals to cut through the mix without the need for additional EQ.” – VoiceCouncil Magazine
“Using the Beta 58A on stage is a pleasure, as vocals cut through the mix much better thanks to its boosted output, coming across with good clarity and a bright midrange.” – GuitarFella
In the Box
- 1 x Shure Beta 58A Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x 5/8” to 3/8” (Euro) Threaded Adapter
- 1 x Microphone Clip
- Premium dynamic microphone for live vocal performances
- Frequency response shaped specifically for vocal clarity and definition
- Supercardioid polar pattern rejects background noise and feedback
- Brightened mid-range and bass roll-off controls boomy low frequencies
- Integrated pop filter significantly reduces wind and breath noise
- Advanced pneumatic shock-mount minimises handling noise
- Neodymium magnet for greater sensitivity and higher output- no need to strain your voice
- Dent-resistant grille and enamel-coated die-cast metal construction for Legendary Shure durability
We’ve got a couple of these great Mics in stock, both are in Excellent Condition with just a couple of small marks on them. They have had Very Little Home Use Only and come with their Original Boxes, Manuals, Microphone Clips and Thread Adapters.