SSL Nucleus 2 Dark DAW & Studio Controller
Nucleus2 is a unique proposition for the professional project studio with a perfect blend of advanced DAW control, transparent SuperAnalogueTM monitoring with talkback, SSL console grade mic pres and pro quality Dante audio interface. There is no other product available which offers the professional producer all of these elements, with benchmark audio performance and elegant ergonomics.
Nucleus2 is a compact, portable desktop unit that creates a comfortable, efficient, hands on operating environment for DAW based Music and Film/TV Post production. It provides everything you need to record and monitor audio and to control your DAW quickly and efficiently without resorting to your mouse. Nucleus2 streamlines your workflow and helps you focus on your sound, not your screen.
Nucleus2 connects to your computer via high speed Ethernet for DAW control and Dante Audio. It also features a USB connection and appears to your host computer as a standard keyboard enabling key command emulation. There are three USB ports on the back which operate as a USB hub. A standard jack footswitch connection is also included and there is also an SD card slot for Profile storage. Configuration and mapping of Key commands and DAW Commands is via a remote “SSL Logicitivity” browser, which allows differing control profile sets to be stored and recalled
- Excellent visual feedback via self illuminating buttons, LED’s and DAW Level Metering
- Switch between 3 connected DAW’s with a single button press
- Touch sensitive 100mm motorised faders
- Digital Scribble Strips with assignable V-Pots and soft keys
- Remote Logictivity Browser for effortless configuration
- Large heavy duty transport buttons and high quality jog/shuttle wheel
- Benchmark SuperAnalogueTM quality output to 2 stereo sets of +4dBu monitor outputs
- Zero latency Rec monitoring with wet/dry control to balance input and DAW playback
- Insert send/return connections switched between inputs and DAW playback for mixdown
- Mic inputs have 80Hz High Pass Filters, Phase Reverse and Phantom Power
- Digital S/PDIF I/O to the AD/DA of the audio interface
- Standard 1/4″ Jack footswitch connection
- Dual Ethernet ports for incorporating additional Dante devices into your studio
- Compatible with ProTools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo and all major DAW applications
- Two banks of 8 channel controls plus centre section controls
- Ethernet connected DAW Controller for professional project studios
- Completely user customisable DAW & Key Command mapping
- SD card for non volatile project storage
- A unique audio nerve centre for your project studio
- High quality Dante audio interface (44.1kHz – 96kHz, 24 Bit) over ethernet
- Two Combi XLR mic/line/instrument level inputs to audio interface and monitor outputs
- SSL SuperAnalogueTM Mic Pre’s, identical to those used on SSL Duality and AWS consoles
- Two headphone outputs and one iJack monitor input
- Three USB sockets for use as a 3 port USB hub
- Talkback input path with switchable -20dB monitor DIM and adjustable gain. Can be switched to feed input 2 of the Dante soundcard for remote comms over the network
This SSL Nucleus 2 Dark is in Fantastic Condition and Hardly Been Used. It is less then 6 Months Old and comes with it’s Original Box, Quick Start Guide, USB and Ethernet Cables and Power Supply. Also included are 2 x XLR Cables and a 2GB SD Card.
*This item it is for LOCAL DELIVERY (Please contact us with your postcode and we’ll let you know if we can deliver to you) or COLLECTION ONLY.
Gallery pictures are of the actual item