Cascade Microphones Victor Ribbon Microphone
The Cascade Victor ribbon microphone features a 2 7/16″ long ribbon of aluminum suspended in the field of a strong permanent magnet.
When the ribbon is exposed to sound it vibrates within the magnetic field and a tiny current is induced in the ribbon. This current is amplified to produce sound. What makes ribbon microphones so incredibly sensitive and accurate is that the signal comes directly from the material that senses the sound; nothing is lost in translation. The result is the most intimate, warm, and articulate sound produced by any type of microphone. Ribbon microphones are an excellent choice for recording guitar cabinets, drum overheads and vocals.
- Victor Long Ribbon Microphone
- Aluminum case
- Premium mounting yoke
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- Specifications and typical measurement report
- Acoustic & Electric Guitars
- Drums (room)
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 2 7/16″ (L) X 3/16″ (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56.8 dB (1.4 mV/Pa)
- Increased off-axis high-frequency response on sides
- Ideal for stereo microphone setups
- Internal shockmount construction
- 135dB SPL capability
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: 2 13/16″ (O.D. grill), 2 5/8″ (O.D. body); Overall length 7 1/2″
This Cascade Victor Microphone is in Fantastic Condition and has Hardly Been Used at Home Only. It comes with it’s Aluminum Case, Mounting Yoke, and Custom Cleaning Cloth.