BLUE 8-Ball Condenser Microphone
Peerless Blue condenser performance for everyone, from professionals to home studios.
The Blue 8-Ball is a condenser microphone that gives new meaning to playing in the pocket! While it may bear a striking resemblance to another spherical mic that took the microphone world by storm, The 8-Ball resembles its circular cousin The Ball in looks alone.
The 8-Ball is a cardioid condenser microphone designed with the needs of the professional recordist in mind, but priced within reach of the beginning home user or hobbyist. Featuring Blue’s highly regarded Class A discrete low-noise amplifier circuit, the 8-Ball’s smooth frequency response is sure to please even the most discerning professional ear. Perfect for applications as varied as drum overheads to acoustic and electric guitars or vocals, the 8-Ball will perform reliably as your go-to mic.
A standard thread swivel mount at the base of the microphone allows the user to pivot the 8-Ball back and forth, making mic placement a snap. And because the 8-Ball requires phantom power, a front-mounted LED confirms that the mic is ready to use.
- Cardioid condenser microphone
- 48V phantom power
- Class A discrete low-noise amplifier circuit
- Smooth frequency response
- Acoustical Operating Principal: Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 35Hz ” 20kHz
- Sensitivity: (1kHz into 1kÎ) 10mV/Pa
- Rated Impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1kOhm
- Maximum SPL: (THD 0.5%) 150 dB SPL
- Noise Level: 22dB “A” Weighted
- Maximum Output Level: +14 dBu (2kOhm load, 0.15% THD)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC phantom-power ±4V
- Power Consumption: 1.5 mA
This Blue 8-Ball Microphone is in Fantastic Condition and had Very Little Home Use Only. It comes with it’s Original Box, PLUS we’re including a XLR Microphone Cable as well!